CULTURAL TOURISM FOR GUESTS
Finding a Tour Guide
- Complete your profile It is important for Guides and Guests to understand that wander.city is a place that relies on trust and confidence. We truly appreciate an honest profile with complete and valid information about you. (Important note: We at wander.city encourages Guides and Guests to upload their photo in order to build trust in the community.)
- Find the right tour (..not all those who wander are lost - J. R. R. Tolkien)
- Guests can type any keywords in the search bar when looking for a place or a Guide. Otherwise, there is a section with places to choose from. (Helpful tip: Make sure the spelling is correct when typing keywords.)
- Guests are free to contact Guides regarding any queries to make decision seamlessly.
- Guests can request anything to the Guide to suit their needs and must be applied only if it can be delivered.
- Book a tour
(Important note: To continue with this last step, we trust Guests who have confirmed ticket and , if necessary, a valid visa to their travel destination. We highly recommend to only book per day tour (e.g. From December 25 2021 To December 25 2021) for a much less risky payment then book again during or after each tour. You can always request more days to your Guide through your conversation in order to reserve those dates for you. Otherwise, you can book your entire tour (e.g. From December 25 2021 To December 31 2021) if you think your Guide will be able to do a refund should any dispute arise.
- Choose the dates of tour then click ‘Book a tour’.
Safety and Security
- To know and to be known You may want to check other users’ rating and feedback despite the fact that wander.city is a community that relies on trust and confidence.
- Pay and communicate only on wander.city Paying and communicating outside wander.city makes it impossible for us to protect your information and puts you at risk of fraud and other security issues. We only allow users to transact in this website and communicate through ‘Contact’ (e.g. meeting place and time).
- Traveler insurance We encourage Guests from another country to have traveler’s insurance in case of emergency on a trip.
- Medications Guests are responsible for their own medications and must carry with them at all times.
The End of the Tour
CULTURAL TOURISM FOR GUIDES
Posting a tour package
- Your title must be clear, specific, and informative (e.g. 3-day Tour package in New York city or Experience Paris. The city of love.).“A good title is the title of a successful book.”- Raymond Chandler
- Your description must have all the information of your tours. Include all available places to increase the likelihood of being selected as the search bar is keyword-based. You may want to say something about your tour and experience to allow Guests to know you better.
- Your Travel date availability must suit your schedule.
- Your Tour package rate is completely up to you. Make sure your pricing covers your expenses when providing tour.“Price is what you pay. Value is what you get.” - Warren Buffett Your listing will be one of many on wander.city and you want to make sure that your title and pictures are eye-catching. To gain your audience’s trusts, upload some pictures of you and your tour vehicle while on tour. It has more potential of getting booked. Good luck!
Preparing for the tour
The End of the Tour
How the PayPal payment flow works
Transactions going through PayPal follow a few steps, from accepting the request to the payment and reviews. Here’s a complete description.
The following steps occur in a paid transaction processed by PayPal:
- The Guide posts a listing and defines a price for the tour or tour package.
- The Guest opens the listing page, selects options and clicks on the “Book a tour" button.
- On the following page, the Guest reviews the details of the purchase and clicks "Checkout with PayPal". They are taken to PayPal to complete the payment. If they don't complete the payment within 1 hour, the transaction attempt is closed.
- Once the payment is done, the Guest is taken to a page that displays the transaction details. They are told that the Guide needs to accept the transaction before the money is transferred.
- The Guide gets an email notification of a new transaction that needs to be accepted. If the transaction is not accepted within 3 days or before the end date (whatever comes first), the transaction is canceled and no money is transferred. Once accepted, the money (minus PayPal's payment processing fee) is transferred to the Guide's PayPal account. Both parties get a receipt of the transaction via email.
- The second transaction fee is automatically moved from the Guide's PayPal account to the wander.city administrator's PayPal account.
- Both Guide and Guest can then discuss freely to agree on details. When the order is completed (users have met, product is delivered...), they can mark the order as completed
- Guide and Guest can then review each other.
Countries supported by PayPal
Accepted payment methods with PayPal
Through PayPal, Guests can pay with credit cards, debit cards, PayPal accounts and more.
Do Guests need a PayPal account?
Guests can either pay with their credit card or using PayPal account. If a Guest is paying with a credit card, PayPal may advise to create an account. This is mandatory in some countries.
Do Guides need a PayPal account?
A PayPal account is required to receive money from purchases. Guides must have a Business PayPal account.
Required PayPal permissions for Guides in order to accept payments:
- Express Checkout This allows Guests to purchase tour without a PayPal account, only using a credit card.
- Refund Refunds may happen only if a Guide failed to complete a tour. In case of a situation where the Guest has reported and proven non-fulfillment of the Guide and needs a refund, this will be a possibility. Giving refunds is not at this moment directly possible from wander.city, and the user needs to log in on their PayPal account to issue a refund. We appreciate Guides that are honest with their listings, profile, and service to maintain trust and confidence in this community.
- Authorize and capture PayPal transactions The transactions that take place on the marketplace are initiated by the user. However, there is an additional transaction for the commission fee that is not manually initiated by the user, but rather our system. This is the feature that allows wander.city to collect a fee from the sales on the marketplace. Additionally, the transactions are captured and stored in the admin panel, so that wander.city administrators can keep an overview of the transactions that take place on the marketplace.
- Obtain information about a single transaction Information about the various individual transactions is stored in the admin panel's transaction overview. wander.city will be able to see when the status of the transaction is updated, so we will know which transactions completed successfully and which did not. Additionally, having this information is necessary for the marketplace platform so that it knows once a transaction has been completed successfully.
- Charge an existing customer based on a prior transaction wander.city charges a commission of 20% based on a transaction that has taken place on the marketplace. This is a second transaction that takes place after the first one is successful.
- Access PayPal contact information This is needed to let the marketplace know which PayPal account is being used for the marketplace.